Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Too Much Of A Good Thing…

When I met with my trainer at the gym a few weeks ago we made a few goals for me. Strengthen my back, increase my endurance, and loose a few pounds. I’ve met my goals except the last one.

“I think you should stop drinking any alcohol for a month, that will really make you loose the weight” was the suggestion that my trainer gave me. I looked at him as if he just suggested I give up eating dinner.

Over the last year I’ve naturally had a beer or two with dinner and since I’ve moved in with Steve we have had the refrigerator stocked with beer or wine so that we can have a drink to help us relax at the end of the day.

So I cut down hoping that would make a difference. Then last week I took another step towards cutting alcohol out all together. I was down in Rochester with my friends from college and we had a few beers. A few beers turned into a few more and before I knew it I was very drunk and puking my brains out in Aaron’s guest bathroom.

I haven’t been hung-over like that since college and it was enough to make me take a break from drinking or even thinking of drinking. So here to clean living and hopefully some weight loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home