Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Trick-Or-Treat

Last weekend Steve and I ran some errands one of which was to get three large bags of candy for potential trick-or-treaters. “We should find out when trick-or-treating is” Steve suggested as he pondered over crunch bars versus twix bars.

“Ummm, I would say that trick-or-treating would be on Halloween night, but call me crazy.” I replied.

Apparently in some crazy Ohio world kids are forced to trick-or-treat not only on a night that is not Halloween but also during the day. This just seems sacrilegious to me. How is it scary to dress up like a ghost when it’s day light? That cool glow-in-the-dark mask you got now just looks white and how will you know if people are home? Their portch light might be on, but it’s the middle of the day so it just as bright out as if it wasn’t. Don’t even get me started on the uselessness of jack-o-lanterns during the day. If the day we go trick-or-treating isn’t Halloween then why even stay in the month of October? It would be a lot warmer going house to house asking for candy in the middle of July.

Luckily for me we live in a rational city that allows trick-or-treating on the correct day and at night. If you live in a city that encourages its children to walk around during the middle of the day, when the people who make the most money and therefore will have the best candy, are still at work I encourage you to boycott their “Halloween” and go back to the original time and date.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet in Ohio people go to a mall to trick or treat too!

    Crazy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home