Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, October 22, 2007

This Is It

Last week my final piece of sigledom was unceremoniously sold via Craigslist to a man with a pick up truck and seventy-five dollars to spare. Steve and I live in a one and a half bedroom house. The half bedroom is not big enough for much other then a desk, and the rest of the crap we don’t have room for anywhere else, so this means of the two beds we brought in the house, one of them had to go. My bed lost the coin toss and was the one to go.

My bed was the first thing I bought after finishing college. After two years of sleeping on a futon I was ready for a real bed. I spent the most of the money that I had managed to save while working during college on my brand new box spring and mattress. It seemed like it was an adult purchase and I was so proud of it. I bought my bed and now I was going to lay in it.

Now it’s someone else’s and I have no way out of this relationship unless I make my way to a Mattress Giant. If signing a one year lease with my boyfriend wasn’t enough a commitment I am now committed to not only him but also to his mattress and box spring.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh dear!

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Blogger Lou said...

    I had a very hard time getting rid of my mattress when I moved in with my boyfriend a year and a half ago. There was a definite, "Oh shit," moment when I realized that I would be bed-less if things didn't work out. This story doesn't end well though, so I'll spare you.

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger PAVE Data said...

    i called mom the other day. we chatted for a few minutes and then she said "you sold your bed!" I was throughly confused until i realized she thought i was you.

    apparently we still sound alike.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home