Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Stop Asking

I’ve been home for a week now enjoying time with my family and friends. We sit around, enjoy some beers and reminisce about old times. It’s fun, except I keep getting asked “when are you getting married?” I first started getting asked this about one year ago and the frequency and persistence have increased. From what I understand from taking to some of my other friends who have dated for awhile, it will only get worse.

People ask me is Steve the one for me, I ask them how I should know? Will I receive some sort of note in the mail saying that Steve is it? Even if I knew Steve was the one for me we just moved in together and that takes up a lot of money, so does having a wedding. I don’t see the point in getting married just to get married. I don’t feel like I’m waiting for my life to begin and once I have a ring on my finger life will be better. I like where I am now.

Next time I get asked “are you and Steve getting married soon?” I’m going to say I’m waiting for his pay to increase so I can marry him, divorce him, and take half.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM , Blogger PAVE Data said...

    you said that i couldn't get married until you did first.

    so i think i've a vested interest in when you wed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home