Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, October 05, 2007

Three Is the Magic Number

Bad things always happen to me in threes. During my first year of nursing school the week of finals my car broke down, I got mono, and the watch that I had for five years broke. It was hell. I had to go to the urgent care multiple times and with no car, had to beg rides from friends who were also stressed out due to the multiple tests we had.

This time is worse. My grandma died and I am getting ready to go to her memorial service this weekend. I lost my voice and can’t really talk above a whisper and to top it off when Steve went to make me feel-better-soup he discovered that our refrigerator and freezer had broken. I spent the last few days laying around the house waiting for repair. and later, replacement men to come. Most of our food had already spoiled and since I am the one who is around when the refrigerator was deemed un-fixable I was also the one to clean it out. We have no food and all I want is some eggs and toast.

I can’t wait for this three to be over with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home