Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Find Another Machine

I recently joined a gym and over the last few weeks have been making full use of my membership. I have started working out three times a week and can already see the result. My back doesn’t hurt as much, my arms are stronger, I can run longer then I use to be able. My knowledge of lifting is limited to what we covered in high school gym class but I have been hitting the free weights for some sweet bicep curls.

I usually go to the gym during the day on week days when most people are at work. This leaves the gym pretty much empty except for college kids and the other people that don’t hold regular nine to five jobs. I usually zone out with my ipod while I work out and ignore everyone else around me, until today.

I was walking over to the weights when I over heard a rather large man talking to himself while he lifted weights. I’m all for self motivation, I myself have even utter a few grunts while lifting, but this man had gone a bit further. He was staring intently on the machine and kept saying “I’m going to kick your ass, I’m going to kick your ass, I’m going to kick your ass!” No one else was around to hear his crazy motivation speech except for me. I didn’t really want to stick around incase he was talking to an imaginary friend or actually to the machine so I decided to stick to the other side of the gym for the rest of my work out and not have my asses kicked.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home