Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Don’t Sleep So Close to Me

A lot of people have been asking me how living with Steve is going. Let me tell you, it’s great! I love coming home and having him here. I get to spend every night with him, plus it’s way better to cook for two people when making a meal then for one. Also on nights when I work late Steve makes dinner for me. Coming home to a warm meal after a bad day at work is really nice. Only one thing has been not so great.

I like to sleep in the middle of the bed and spread my arms and legs out in every direction. This way of sleeping tends takes up most of the bed making only enough room for the cat to sleep in between two limbs. I’ve had to adjust having to share a bed EVERY night. I have to sleep on “my side” of the bed or risk the complaints in the morning of how I almost pushed Steve off the bed. So when he left for a few days to go to New York I was secretly excited to have the whole bed to myself again.

The excitement wore off pretty quickly. I didn’t sleep well while Steve was gone despite having the whole bed to myself. I woke up every time I heard a noise and I was contently worried about the cat.

In the end it’s worth giving up half the bed for the security of having someone else to worry about the cat and the things that go bump in the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home