Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, June 25, 2007

Squirrelz4Girlz2

As I have mentioned before there is a park near my house that is filled with squirrels and one of my morning routines is to count the number of squirrels in the park. Despite what Steve says I don’t feel overly close with any of the squirrels and I don’t have names for them. It’s simply something to do to pass the time on my way to work. That being said last Friday I had two new squirrel encounters.

I left my house to go to work early in the morning and on the other side of my front door sat a squirrel on top of the railing of my front steps eating a curly fry it had gotten out of the trash. We both stared at each other for a moment then the squirrel slid down the railing and ran down the street.

I continued on my walk to work and saw all the squirrels in the park and began my usual count but then at the end I spotted, for the first time, an albino squirrel complete with red beady eyes. Even though this is the only squirrel that stands out from the park, I did not name him which makes me a perfectly sane non-squirrel lady.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home