Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Water Water Everywhere

Today when I woke up I went to the bathroom, like I usually do, where I was greeted by a full tub of water left from the shower that my roommate had taken over two hours ago. Stagnant soapy water is not a way to start the day and it’s even worse to admit to yourself that your pluming is not working before you’ve even had a chance to have a cup of coffee.

I spent the next few hours bailing out the old water (first out the window while the neighbor’s cat looked at me as if he was judging me, then down the sink/toilet) and slowly pouring drain cleaner down the drain. Between the time when I could put more lye down the tub and worrying about lye burns I was trying to get dressed to go to an eye doctor appointment. I snuck downstairs and used our neighbor’s bathroom then ran upstairs and finished brushing my teeth and getting dressed.

Once ready I set out to see if I needed a new prescription of glasses I was stopped by pounding rain. I had a rain coat and umbrella with me but it didn’t make any difference. The bus that goes past my doctor’s office never came so I walked the mile and a half to the office where I became incredibly soaked. My shoes, sox, and pants up to the hips were drenched in water. Once at the office I left a wet mark wherever I sat. The eye appointment went quickly enough but once home I was once again stuck with a tub that wouldn’t drain and I was really cold from having worn wet clothes for the last two hours.

In the end I caved in and called a plumber to come snake the drain. Needless to say water has not been my friend today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home