Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

We Thought It Was A Start

As I have said before the entire finding an apartment process is really stressing me out, so yesterday I sat at my computer for three hours and started to make calls. I looked on craigslist as well as a few other websites and after three hours and countless phone calls and e-mail I only had two appointments made for us to check out today.

The first place we went to look at sounded great…the previous tenant had lived there for awhile (which I took to be a good sign, I mean who lives in a crappy place for five years?), it was in the location we wanted, and it was two stories. Once we pulled up to the house we pretty quickly realized how busy a street it was on and after walking up one narrow flight of stairs Steve had already ruled out any chance of living there. I tried to keep an open mind but after seeing the five foot-by-five-foot living room and the “upstairs” bed room that was really in an attic like area I was turned off. What sealed the deal for me was the fact that the ceiling was so low that I hit my head on the way out.

The second place, also on a very busy road, looked alright from the outside and we never got to see the inside due to the fact the realtor didn’t have the key for the house. He looked at us and shrugged his shoulders after a fifteen minute wrestling match with the lock on the door.

It was a discouraging start and being that Steve and I are both going to be out of town for the next two weeks it does not bode well for us finding a place anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home