Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Cool Down

It’s the time of year again when it’s hot out and even hotter in my third story apartment. I came home last night to an empty steaming apartment, the tempter was over 90 outside and must have been over 100 inside; there was nothing for me to do but take a cold shower.

There is something I both love and hate about taking a really cold shower. The shock to your system when you first feel the cold water, telling your body to get under the shower head even though everything else in your body is yelling no, the feeling of the wind being knocked out of you by the coldness and willing yourself to just keep breathing. I stood under the water and let myself cool off from both the heat and the day for what seemed like a very long time but must have only been a few minutes.

I stepped out of the shower refreshed and feeling comfortable, a feeling that lasted for about fifteen minutes until I felt hot again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home