Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Wash Your Veggies

Last night I was making dinner and opened up the refrigerator to get some milk when a big black dot caught my eye. There, on the bottom shelf of my refrigerator was the biggest ant I had ever seen. It lay there motionless possibly dead from hypothermia so I called Steve in to take a look at it. He picked it up and we both we surprised that the ant was still alive. The frozen animation of the refrigerator had worn off and it began to stagger around the kitchen floor. Steve we to squash it but I protested so instead I opened our kitchen window and we through it out. We didn’t give it a parachute but I think ants have hard exo-skeletons so I’d like to believe he survived the fall from a third story window.

We went on cooking dinner speculating how an ant into the fridge in the first place. My stance is that it snuck in on some vegetables. So from now on I resolve to wash any veggies before putting them in fridge so as to prevent anymore insects from becoming suspended where I keep my food.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't wash veggies before they go into the fridge or they will not stay fresh! Same with fruits...
    Think about limp greens -- blah!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home