Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Just One Of the Girls

On my first date with Steve I remember making small talk with him about lots of things; like the type of music we like, the books we read, and the TV shows we watched. I remember I sheepishly admitted to him that I had just started to watch Gilmore Girls and that I was really enjoyed it. It was slightly embarrassing to admit to a guy that I enjoyed a show featured in a WB line up but it was the truth.

Fast foreward to now and I am beginning to end the era of new Gilmore Girls shows. The show ended this year and I had been netflixing past seasons to catch up on what was going on. On a day off I could easily watch half a season. I now have come full circle and have started to netflix shows that I have already watched on TV. It’s weird that I feel sad that I have seen all the episodes of this series.

When asked why I love this show I can’t really verbalize it. It makes me miss home and my family, it makes me feel like Boston is my home. When the Carol King songs comes on I just feel a bubble of happy come up inside of me and I am going to let it bubble even in reruns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home