Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Summer Time Cold

It started on the 4th of July when I slept on an old futon at Steve’s house. He had family in town and being the polite host he is, let them have his clean air-conditioned room and bed. This left him and me on a futon that has been in his house for an unknown number of years. Just sitting on it made a cloud of dust and cat hair billow up. So I spent the night coughing and wheezing and thought that I would find relief once morning came. I was wrong.

Apparently the lapse was enough for some opportunistic bacteria to take hold of my nasal cavity and make it a home. I’ve spent the last few days now with a stuffed up nose, sore throat and plugged ears. My balance is off which leads to a number of clumsy things I’ve done. It’s been the type of cold where you feel tired but can’t sleep due to the misery of sinus pain and a constant runny nose. “I didn’t think you could get a cold in the summer!” I wined to Steve last night at two in the morning as we had both been woken up by my nose needing to be relieved. It appears you can, and let me tell you that it is no fun. But the dawn in breaking, I feel better then I did yesterday and hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home