Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Ultimate Sin

It’s been hot in the Boston area for the past week. Temperatures reaching up to the 90’s to be exact, and from my experience it will only be getting hotter as the summer comes. Adrianne and I both started our “cooling down” routine for the summer: cold showers, all windows open with fans ushering in any cool breeze available, and over all trying to do as little as possible. Then last weekend we said no more to all these techniques and marched to Home Depot and got two window air conditioners.

The cool air now fills our tiny apartment. When I walk home from work and enter the apartment instead of being knocked over by the sheer heat and humidity I take deep breaths of cool air, I sleep comfortably at night instead of waking up in a puddle of sweat. The luxury of AC is worth the raise in rent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home