Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Hold On Here Folks

I had spent the weekend in Minnesota (pictures to come) and was flying home to Boston. My flight out of Minneapolis was running late and I was nervous of getting to my connection in Milwaukee. I ran to the gate a la Home Alone and was yelled at by the gate attendant to hurry up and get on. I spent the first five minutes worrying about my red suitcase being on the plane and then hunkered down with my ipod and book. Fifteen minutes later the captain came over the intercom.

“Hi there folks, uhhh, there is a light on up here we don’t like the look of…uhhh… and we are going to turn back to Milwaukee… so just hold on here and we’ll let you know as things develop.”

Twenty minutes in the air, twenty back and very quick de-boarding of the plane and we were back up in the air an hour and a half behind schedule. As a thank you for our understanding the airline gave all of us $25 vouchers for our next airline ticket purchase.

Twenty five dollars does not seem like much, but considering they could have not given anything at all I took it. One of the passengers behind me said “if they are giving us vouchers they must have really messed up and could have killed us.” With that in mind I can’t wait to buy another plane ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home