Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sixty-Plus Years

As of late most of my friends from college are getting married or are engaged and will be married in the next few years. To me this is a weird concept to wrap my mind around. I can’t imagine feeling ready to say yes to spending the rest of my life with one person. The average American is living until their 80’s, this means that I will be with this person for almost 60 years. This is a very long time people! But people my age a feeling ready to make that commitment I will support them, and be in the wedding when asked.



Andrea was the first of my close friends to get married. I was in the wedding and had a good time. Everyone was happy and I wish her and Brian that happiness every day of their marriage.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:15 PM , Blogger Adrianne Mathiowetz said...

    They're living until their 80's NOW. Just think of the commitment OUR generation is making - what is our estimated lifespan? I've heard early 100s.

     
  • At 2:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So if I get married now I could be with the same person for 80 years? That's it, I'm not getting married until I'm 50.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home