Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Nurse I Am

When I was in nursing school I had a list of the type of nurse that I was going to be. I was not going to be the type of nurse that would wait until the last possible second to go to the bathroom, who would wait to eat until she was shaking with hypoglycemia, and most of all I was not going to be the type of nurse who took medications to sleep. Well I’ve done the first two and today I turned to 50 mg of Benadryl to help me sleep.

I worked last night and felt exhausted. I’ve been coming down with a cold and spent most of the two hours that I was home coughing and blowing my nose. By 10am I decided to go to the bathroom and get some sweet relief in the form of two gel tabs. I woke up at 4:30 in the afternoon feeling better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home