Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Minnesota Facing the Right Way

Before I left Minnesota my mom gave me a cutting board in the shape of Minnesota. It was sort of a gag gift. She said it was so Adrianne and I wouldn’t get home sick. People from home see it and laugh and think it’s “awesome” and people from other places are puzzled. “Is that New York?” Our landlord asked when she was over fixing the drain (to read more about our drain problem read here.)

The shape of Minnesota sits above our sink and gets used from time to time. After it’s used it gets washed and put back, but occasionally it doesn’t get put back right. I like the shape of Minnesota to be geographically correct. I like the east to face my right and west to face left. Today while I was in the kitchen I had to correct the geographical mistake and then all was well in the state of my kitchen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home