Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Ring

As our wedding planning winds down we find ourselves taking care of the smaller details of the wedding. Like our rings. We both picked up our rings this weekend and since Steve has never worn any jewelry in his life, much less a ring on his hands, we thought he should wear it around the house for a few days to see how it feels.

As soon as he put the ring on his hand he looked up at me and said, "you know this is going to be very hard for me not to lose this in the forever that I'm going to be wearing it". I told him that I already knew that. Steve has gone though more dress shirts, phones, hats, and jackets then anyone I've ever know because he takes them off and then forgets them somewhere. In the few hours he wore the ring around the house I saw him play with it in his hands, drop it on the floor, and roll under the couch. He retrieved it,put it back on and was able to keep in on for the rest of the night. As we were getting into bed and turning the lights off I asked him if he was going to wear the ring to bed, he answered "Um, I'm not wearing it now." When I asked him where his ring was he told me in the pocket of the pants he was wearing when he got ready for bed that were now in a crumpled mess on the floor.

I made him get up, find the ring in the pockets and return back to the box for safe keeping. "It's fine in my pants pocket until tomorrow" he grumbled as he burrowed though the multiple pockets on his pants. I pointed out that it probability would be safe until tomorrow morning, until he went looking for his car keys and would turn his pant upside down trying to find them.

The moral of this story is, you should be surprised if you come to our wedding and Steve still has the same ring he's wearing now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home