Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, December 15, 2008

With A Bow On Top

Growing up my Aunt would send us Christmas presents with the most beautiful and elaborate bows on them. Velvet, glitter, satin, the bow would always be impressive. I had always hoped that one day I could make equally beautiful bows to send to my nieces. Now that I have nieces to send presents to, I thought this would be my year.

Until fate in the shape of a fat, furry, orange cat stepped in. It seems Moose has a certain obsession with any sort of ribbon or bow. I had wrapped the gift for my in-laws and placed a shiny bow on top of it. I tucked it under the tree for Steve to take home with him. The next day, when I got home from work the bow was sitting next to the gift and pushed under the tree. I though maybe it had fallen off when I watered the tree in the morning so I placed it back on. Out of nowhere Moose ran in and smacked the bow off the present. He gave me a look like I had just committed some type of horrible crime then started chewing the ribbon tied to an adjacent box. He has even gone so far to sit on top of the box to get a better angle to chew the ribbon in.

Moose has now torn all ribbon off of the gifts under the tree. We have many presents wrapped and sitting under our cozy tree, waiting for their recipients to open them. They just don't look right without a bow though.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That is HILARIOUS!!! I HEART YOU

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home