Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Very Quiet Thanksgiving

For the first time in my life I will be totally alone on Thanksgiving. Steve is in Chicago working, P&B are visiting family, and my high school friends have elected to have Thanksgiving with their families instead. Needless to say I am slightly bummed.

When I moved away from my family to become a nurse in Boston I knew that this would mean that I would miss many a family moment due to the distance. Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, ect. But this is the first time that it really feels I'm missing out.

To top it off, I'm working 11am-11pm at work on the actual holiday. This is an undesirable shift on a normal day but a down right bummer on a holiday.

So help yourself to some extra mashed potatoes on Thursday for me. I'll be in Boston with the 4 cats I'm cat I'm taking care of, and working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home