Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

The Cat Came Back

Last night I had just settled back into bed after a 3 am bathroom run. Moose was snuggled on the back of my left leg and I was just about asleep when Moose let out a loud hiss and what is the cat equivalent of a scream. I sprang over and looked around to find out what made my cat freak out like that when I saw an outline in the doorway to my bedroom.

A small Maine-coon cat stood in the doorway staring in at Moose and myself as we slept, and was now frozen in mid wander. This particular cat had come into the house via the cat door one other time that we known of and had only made it into our kitchen before being discovered and scared out of the house. I was so scared that I was alone at home and there was a foreign thing in the house that I yelled “GET OUT OF HERE!” as loud as I could and jumped out of bed to make sure the cat got back out of the cat door. I went back to bed as Moose started to search the house for any sign that the cat may have marked the house as his.

Now that it’s daylight I feel guilty for chasing what could be a stray cat out of my warm dry house out into the rain. I’m not sure if I hope the cat comes back or not but if he dose I would prefer it is during the daylight hours and when Steve is around.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger Adele said...

    Do you remember the song..."The cat came back?" Must have been a scary encounter at 3 AM. Moose is like a watch-cat!

     
  • At 12:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    that is both sad for the other cat and CREEPY AS HELL.

    and when i read coon cat, i assumed raccoon. which scared the crap out of me. good thing Moose is there to protect you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home