Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Halloween Spirit

I love getting excited about things. Ask Steve and he will tell you I am the ultimate fair-weather fan, groupie, and clinger-oner. I love getting excited with other people about things. The best thing to get excited about is the up coming holiday season. Not Christmas (you can't get excited about that until after Thanksgiving.) I'm talking about Halloween. This week has been a months worth of holiday excitement stuffed into 4 days.

Sunday, after getting home from my third 3 12-hour work day in a row, Steve and I decorated the house with our various Halloween decorations. From the pumpkin lights to the pirate skeleton, all are out to shine and fulfill their Halloween destiny. Monday I invited a couple of friends over in the afternoon and made various Halloween cookies including candy-corn and sugar cookie cutouts. I then spent most of the evening listening to "The Nightmare Before Christmas" Soundtrack and decorating said cut-outs. Tuesday We carved our pumpkins as both of us will be working until Halloween. Tonight I cooked and feasted upon the pumpkin seeds as Steve and I planned the final parts of our costumes.

I think my favorite part of Halloween is when all the kids come trick-or-treating here. I still get excited even though now I'm on the opposite end door then I have been for most of my life. I can't wait!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    i just put up my halloween decorations too!

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Blogger Adele said...

    I wish you a yardful of trick or treaters!

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Blogger Lizz said...

    I love Halloween too!! I think it's my favorite holiday...WOOT for the holidays!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home