Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Goal!

So in planning my own wedding I've become fascinated by what didn't work at other weddings. Was there not enough booze? Was the balloon arch too big? How did it work out to provide child care? and so on so as to prevent any crazy mishaps during my own wedding. I recently was reading on a website named something along "if I could do my wedding over again" and found a couple of suggestions.

Suggestion one:Don't have lots of kids at your wedding and a chocolate fountain. Solid advise.

Suggestion two: Hire a wedding coordinator for the day of the wedding. No girl wants to be asked as she is walking down the aisle where to stash extra programs. Check.

Suggestion three: Lose weight...Duh!

What a novel idea, lose weight for my wedding? Thank god I found this website to instill this little known fact, that weight loss on the day you will probably have to most pictures taken of you in your entire life, is as good thing (sarcasm is heavy here folks).

I have now been working out regularly for one year and while I haven't made much change on the scale I did hit a mile stone this last week. That's right my friends, I lost an entire jean size!

I called my sister form the GAP dressing room to tell her the exciting news.

"Guess what I'm wearing right now" I sequel/whispered to her?

"There are so many ways I could go with that" she answered.

"I'm wearing size (one size less than I was) jean!" I said as I checked myself out in the triple mirror.

"Awesome! Wait though, do you really fit in the jeans or do you look like you are trying to wear a size smaller jeans which in the end dose no one a favor" she clarified.

I assured her it was the real deal and now, almost a week after buying, washing, and wearing the jeans are stretching out and could almost be a wee bit big.

So, I'm pretty proud of myself even though I don't have the pounds to prove it.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    its true, wearing jeans that are too tight is a problem for everyone. almost a public health concern.

    good willpower sis, you're gonna look awesome.

     
  • At 12:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am shocked -- SHOCKED -- that you would be in a GAP dressing room!
    What's next? Abercrombie?

     
  • At 6:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I do, on occasion, fall into the GAP.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home