Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Arrival/Departure

Steve is coming home tomorrow. I always picture his homecoming the as a scene from a romantic movie where I drive to the airport to pick him. I run through the moving walk ways to greet him just as he is passing the security check point. I stop for a moment, our eyes meet, he sets down his bags and overcoat he has slung over his arm and open up to hug me and lift me off the ground as I run up to him. He hug, we kiss, it's truly a sappy moment.

Reality? I'm going to be asleep when Steve comes home tomorrow. He asked if I wanted him to wake me up and hesitantly told him yes. I'm sure we will kiss each other hello and as I drift back to sleep I'll mention something about the open can of cat food in refrigerated.

Welcome home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home