Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hello

So, it's been awhile since I posted last. There are many reasons for this but I hope to remedy this soon. I've been working a lot and work has been depressing. Without giving too much information, let me just say it's hard to take care of someone who is not dying but sure isn't living. I've been more emotionally distraught by this patient then any other I have taken care of. My days off have been mostly recovering from work. I'm hoping to do a better job of leaving work at work and to live my life at home more. More posts are to follow, I promise.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:51 PM , Blogger Adele said...

    I think your job takes a lot out of you emotionally. I imagine nurses need to find a support system at work so they can "leave work at the hospital." I'm always around to talk to, but it would be good to start exploring what MGH has for staff.

     
  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Social workers spend half our time talking about/learning about/fighting burn out (or secondary trauma, or cumulative apathy, or whatever you want to call it).

    it sucks to have a job where you have to spend as much time at home trying to emotionally (and for you physically) recover from work as you spend working

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home