Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Track Suit Up

I’ve started to run again. I feel stronger then I have in a long time and it just seemed like a great way for me to get an extra day of cardio in without having to go to the gym. So I laced up my shoes and started to run the bike trail near my house and expanded from there. Somehow the idea of running a 5K got into my head and I started to snoop around for any races in my area and ended up with the Somerville 5K for the homeless coalition. I was at first excited about it but my excitement quickly turned to anxiety. What if my knees can’t take 5K? What if people laugh at my slow running? What if people try to push me off the route? So with this in mind I asked B to run with me. Lucky for me, I got a two in one, with my other cousin-in-law joining in the race.

So the Hansen girls will be running a race together and I’m excited again.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're a natural athlete and you'll do great. You and B should convince S and P to run with you next time. I'd be there with my camera for that!!
    Uncle G...

     
  • At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wish I cold be there to see you all!

     
  • At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i like how mom (an ENGLISH TEACHER) misspelled "could". maybe she was cold.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home