Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Appreciation

I love having a backyard. After almost 4 years of not having access to any sort of yard or planting area it is so nice to finally have a place to sit outside and enjoy the weather. I’ve spent the better part of my days off this week lounging on or back yard, digging in the dirt with Moose, or playing with what to plant in the various dirt locations. I’ve already planted seeds of corn, lettuce, zucchini, and beans that I later followed up with pre-grown tomatoes. Steve bought me some pretty red flowers that I’ve scattered about the grounds to add some color. I’m thinking of trying to grow pumpkins in the big dirt area behind our kitchen.

At this point I don’t really care if everything I plant doesn’t produce, for now, I’m happy watching Moose sit on top of the dirt mound that is our garden to protect our veggies as I sit on our deck and read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home