Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Soup For You

Taking a page from Michael’s book I thought I would post a recipe that I was particularly proud of. I love when I make vegetarian food and Steve likes it too so I was really happy when this worked out. Ladies and gentlemen, Taco Soup:

-2 14 oz. cans of beans-it doesn’t matter what type of beans as long as it’s two different types. I used black and kidney beans. (I also rinsed them to get rid of extra sodium).

-1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes- I got the tomatoes that also had jalapeños in them and it gave the soup some extra spice. Steve felt the jalapeños made it too hot, I thought it made it awsome.

-1/2 cup of diced onion.

-2 tbs. of taco seasoning (yes, the little envelops at the store of “Ortega” taco seasoning).

-3 tbs. of cilantro

-2 cups of water-I used broth because I like using broth in stuff.

Put all this in a pot and bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for half and hour. Spoon some out into a bowel and enjoy with cheese and sour cream with crushed tortilla chips on top. I also added ½ cup of frozen corn but that is mostly because I wanted to get rid of my frozen corn.

This soup took me about 45 min. to make and most of that time was spent on the couch watching the Simpsons and stirring during the commercial break. You will not be sorry if you make this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home