Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Nature!

Spring has sprung in Boston and so this weekend I spent a lot of time in my backyard cleaning up fallen debris from winter and trying to till the soil to plant a garden. It turned out not to be as much work at I thought. It was a lot of digging and playing in the dirt (which Moose loved) and a trip to the store to buy seeds. I ended up with a lot more seeds then I had room for plants so I adopted my dad’s style of gardening. Meaning I ended up throwing the extra seeds in the dirt just to see if anything would grow randomly.

Hopefully in a few months from now we will be eating fresh lettuce, zucchini, corn and, beans. I’m not expecting much to grow but even if I grow one plant it will be more than I had last year.



If this daffodil that I planted last fall is any indication of things to come then maybe I will have some luck.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I envy your daffodils! It is NOT warm and sunny in Minnesota, and tilling the soil seems at least a few weeks away.
    Have fun with the garden. . Fresh

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home