Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, March 24, 2008

An Inconvenient Bag

I’ve recently read that if human beings were to disappear off the face of the earth today our buildings would crumble and fall, our house cats would survive while our dogs would die out, and there would be millions and millions of plastic bags floating around the world. Something about the imagery of the Empire State Building crumbling with time and being over grown by weeds while plastic bags roll by like tumble weeds really disturbs me.

So to do my part from keeping creepy plastic bag world from happening I have started to use paper more then plastic at the grocery store. I usually use my two reusable cloth bags but when an extra bag is needed I try to go for the paper bag.

The thing that really bothers me is that when I go to the store the person bagging my groceries will often put my paper bag inside a plastic bag thus negating my entire reasoning behind the paper. I try to tell them, just paper but often it doesn’t work out and I end up with my plastic-paper bags and a bleak baggy future.

I guess Kermit was right…it’s not easy (trying to be) green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home