Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sick

As I’ve said before it’s generally really hard for me to call into work sick. I usually try to stick it out because I know that when someone is out sick it can make work really tight for everyone else. This week, however, I’ve had no issue calling out sick. I woke up on Sunday feeling totally wiped. I had no energy at all and my throat was sore, but I worked though it and felt a little bit better by Monday when I worked. Tuesday rolled around and I started to feel dizzy and generally crappy and left work early.

I progressively felt worse as the week went on and ended up calling out from work both Thursday and Friday free of guilt due to the degree of my illness. I ended up going to the doctor on Friday and as soon as she looked into my ear canal she said “yikes, I would hate to have those ears, they look really painful.” That right, I have a sinus and double ear infection. I was sent home with two week supply of antibiotics and instructions on how to drain my head of all the ill that has built up there during the week.

Today is day one of my antibiotic treatment and I already feel a bit better. I don’t feel guilty about calling into work this week but I hope I’m well enough to go into work on Monday, I think Moose is tired of having me around the house.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Time for a Netty pot--or whatever they call it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home