Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, February 25, 2008

An Open Call

One of my New Year resolutions was to try to cook a new recipe every one to two weeks. So far this resolution has been awesome! I’ve made some really great new things and have learned new cooking techniques. I’ve even started to repeat some of the recipes for our dinners when we really give them a big thumbs up. Virtually a whole new world of cooking was opened up to me when I got a sweet food processor for my birthday.

Problem is, like all New Years resolutions, I’m beginning to loose drive. I’m tired of making soups, stews and egg dishes. I’m not a huge fan of tofu so that really limits my vegetarian options and seeing that both Steve and I are trying to loose weight I don’t want to make anything too unhealthy. These fact, plus I am a bit intimidated by a lot of the new recipes I’ve been looking at, has put me into a recipe funk.

So I’m putting out a call for vegetarian recipes that are easy and not too scary to make. Hopefully I end up finding something to inspire me and get me out of this rut and back on the wagon.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Adrianne Mathiowetz said...

    I just found "Meatout Mondays" -- a newsletter that gives you a new vegetarian recipe every week:

    http://www.meatoutmondays.org/

     
  • At 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Did you try looking in that cookboook I gave you? She's got some awesome looking recipes.
    And...I became a good fan of tofu once I learned how to cook it...I get extra firm tofu and marinate it in soy sauce, and then I bake it for about 15 minutes. Then...I can cut it up and stir fry it with veggies for Chinese food. Yum!

    And...have you heard the term "flexitarian?"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home