Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Time To Start Looking

We got a call from our landlord the night we came back from Puerto Rico. He almost never calls unless something is going wrong, but yet he called us Monday night. “Uhhh, hi,” he mumbled “I tried knocking on your door earlier but no one was there…I wanted to let you know that we have decided to sell the house.”

I’m not sure how you are supposed to respond to something like this. Steve and I had a hard time finding a place to live this summer and really don’t want to look for a new place to live but it seems like we might not have much choice. We would love to stay at the house we’ve made a home with Moose and our garden in the backyard, I don’t want to move.

The next day I got a call from the realtor who is showing the house asking when would be good for people to come by and look at the house. What I wanted to say was never. I really dislike the thought of people I don’t know entering my house, looking at my things, and scarring the cat, but I arranged some times for people to come by.

So, because of this I found myself sitting in a café this morning eating breakfast waiting to go back to my house until a showing was over. I sat and waited until the showing was over but my bladder had something else to say about it. I ended up having to head home a few minuets early to go to the bathroom and found the door to my home wide open and many people inside. Tracking the snow from last nights storm all over, needless to say I was not too happy about this.

I hate it. Not just the fact that strangers are in our house but also because we want to know our fate. Hopefully soon Steve and I will find out weather we are looking to move or staying put. Until then I’m going to keep the house a little overly clean and hope to have a new landloard that wants us to stay. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home