Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

So It Begins

Last week some friends and I made our way to Boston Common to watch the “Official Boston Tree Lighting” with special appearances by the green monster, some Red Sox player, a woman who sang back up for L.L. cool J, a singing police man, Julio Feliziano (the guy who sings Feliz Navidad), hip-hop dancers, Mayor Menino, and Santa (I know him!).


The Whole Cast!

I brought a large bag of freshly made gingerbread cookies and we helped ourselves to the free eggnog. There were plenty of handouts from the various sponsors so by the end of the night I had acquired a new hat, Christmas ornaments, tea, and some 7up. It was awesome seeing so many people together singing Christmas songs together. As a large reindeer sang Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer the entire crowd chanted in “like a light bulb” at the appropriate parts. It was quite the bonding moment between me and my fellow Bostonians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home