Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Quick Daydream

Sometimes I wish that I worked in an office job. I could wear cute outfits to work and blend in with the crowd on the T. I could work 9-5 and have weekends and holidays off. Things might be easier to see my family and Steve. I wouldn’t have to shower as soon as I walked into my house to get the germs off of me.

The one thing that holds me back from that life is that I love my job. I like working with my patients and watching them get better. There is nothing better watching a patient progress from sick to healthy, watching their bodies figure out how to function again after surgery. Being there for both the patient and their family as both deal with what is likely one of the most stressful times in their life is amazing.

In the end it’s a trade off. To do what I love I have to give up certain things like normal work hours and street clothing. In the end it’s worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home