Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, September 03, 2007

That’s Not My Name

My patient’s call me lots of thing. I don’t blame them for not remembering my name, a lot of people come in and out of a hospital room in one day and just because I might be there for a few hours more then someone else doesn’t mean they need to remember my name. I’ve been called nurse, Marie, Stacy, and even Nurse Ratchet.

But this last week I was called a whole other name. A name I dislike to be call. I was called Ma’m for two days straight by my patient. Nothing makes you feel older then being called that. Ma’m is the woman who works in the general store with floppy arm and wears an apron all the time. I am not a Ma’m. Ms. is pushing it and don’t even try Mrs. I am too young to be a Ma’m and that’s all there is to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home