Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Packing

I always say I like packing to move to a new house until it comes time to do it. Trying to get enough boxes, packing things so that when it comes time to unpack there will be some order, and the sheer dust of moving things that really haven’t been moved in almost two years is getting me down. Not to mention that after two years of living with Adrianne I can’t remember if some stuff is mine or hers making packing just that much harder due to the fact that I would rather pack with her around for a quick reference.

I am also allowing myself two weeks to move into the new house so right now I’m in a limbo. Half of my stuff is at the new house and half at the old house. I can take a shower at the old house but can’t get ready there because all my makeup and perfumes are at the new house. All my clothing is at the old house except for the dirty clothing I’ve been wearing for the last three days, which are sitting on the floor because my hamper is at the old house.

I also get overwhelmed at the sheer idea of packing stuff up now. Should I wait to pack the mass of papers on my desk now or wait? Should I pack the large pile of Steve’s clothing at my house or let him take care of it? Can I pack my food in the freezer close enough to the time I’m leaving my house before it defrost?
So in the mean time, to hind from all the work I need to do I’ll be sitting in the fort of boxes I made at my house, if you need me.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Writing about packing at 6:41 AM shows you are getting really obsessed with the task. Hope someone finds you in your fort and offers you a beer! (But maybe not at 6:42 AM!)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home