Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Upgrade, Downgrade

After living in my new apartment for one week I can’t help but compare the current apartment to my last apartment. In many ways the new place is better then the old, but it still has its flaws. I can’t help but wonder do the upgrades beat out the downgrades?

Old Apartment: Small kitchen with one foot of counter space and an electric stove we left stuff on and would smart small fires.
New Apartment: Large kitchen, plenty of counter space with a gas stove.
Upgrade

Old Apartment: 10-15 minute walk to the T past the crazy guy who would yell at me
New Apartment: 5 minute walk to the T through a scenic bike path.
Upgrade

Old Apartment: Landlord was an old Italian man who smoked a pipe and sat out on the front porch and would welcome us home by saying “She come home!”
New Apartment: Landlord died the day after we moved in leaving behind his mentally disabled wife in a nursing home and a crazy girlfriend poking around the house.
Downgrade

Old Apartment: Had wall that were painted beautiful accent colors so that each room had a feeling of its own.
New Apartment: Started rent’s white wall apartment.
Downgrade

Old Apartment: Roomate is a friend from high school who kept the house clean and was a good friend to have in Boston when I first moved here.
New Apartment: Boyfriend who is the same level of messiness as I am and this will be my first time living with my boyfriend.
Call it a tie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home