Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Home Alone

Steve dropped a bomb on me last night. He let me know that in one week’s time he will be leaving me home alone in our new house while he goes to New York for work for five days. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous. What if the landlord’s wife (who lives above us) falls asleep while smoking and burns the house down? What if we have a raccoon invade the house via the cat door? Or worse yet, what do I do if something happens to the cat.

I knew I would eventually have to stay at home alone but I guess I didn’t think that it would be so soon

2 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM , Blogger B said...

    Call me anytime you are nervous or just want to get out of the place for a bit!

     
  • At 8:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Being alone in a house is a little scary at first. Things will work out...you can call us, and we'll talk. Talk to Moose. Invite someone over. Make cookies, or if it's hot, go out for ice cream.
    Rent movies that Steve doesn't like. Rent movies that Moose likes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home