Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Cat

I’ve posted about it before, but I will say it again, I like cats. More specifically Steve’s roommate Jen’s cat named Moose. He is a pumpkin colored cat and loves to be scratched on his head. So last Wednesday when Jen called us to say that when she moved from her old house to a new one she couldn’t take Moose with her and we could have him if we wanted both Steve and I were happy. We had talked about getting a cat once we lived together and Moose was such a great cat we jumped at the offer to take him.


I had never had to ride in a car with cat before and I hope I never have to do it again. Moose was really unhappy about being taken away from his house and also scared of being in a car. He spent the first part of the car ride making the saddest meows and pacing around the back seat the he started to pant which was even worse. He sat on my lap and was gasping for breath, showing all his teeth and sweating profusely from his paws. Neither Steve nor I had ever seen a cat do this so began to worry about the possibility of his heart giving out. Once we arrived at the new house Moose hid for awhile then calmed down a bit and sat with us on the couch and watched some TV.

We are all still adapting to having to live together but Moose has calmed down and Steve and I are trying not to scare him and to try to make him feel at home which involves a lot of cat food and love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home