Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Have A Heart

A patient of mine who I’ve been taking care of for the last year and half finally got a heart earlier this week! I took care of this patient when he was in severe heart failure, and then later when he was implanted with a ventricular assist device (VAD). He’s a great guy and he always makes me laugh. I’m so happy for him and his family. I saw him yesterday, just two days after he was transplanted, and he was already awake and smiling. It’s been a long road for him and I hope this will help him live a very long and happy life.

I want to encourage everyone to be an organ or tissue donor. There are so many people who live their life waiting for a phone call to hear that an organ is ready for them. It is a tremendous gift to give and it can benefit so many people. Please check the box on the back of your license to be a donor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home