Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

I Need to Buy Boots

I feel like maybe I’ve lost my edge since I’ve moved to Boston. I’m no longer Minnesota strong against the cold. A few weeks ago I was talking to my mom on my cell phone while walking to the train and a large gust of wind whipped about me, “uhhhhh, it’s sooooo cold here” I complained. I was met with a moment of silence then my mom informed me that it hadn’t been above zero in almost a week at home.

I classify Minnesota cold as the type of cold that freezes your face when you walk outside or type that comes up through your shoes and makes your toes numb and sore. People at work have been saying it’s bitter cold or deathly cold out right now. In my mind I think that they don’t know cold and that it’s not cold until it’s Minnesota cold. Then walking to the train this week the wind hit my face and I felt the inside of my nose freeze just a little, and it was Minnesota cold.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The thing is, in MN you can be inside all the time. There are cars, and freaking parking lots. But say you want to go somewhere in Boston, you're committing to being outside for at least 10 minutes.

    Uphill both ways.

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Boston cold is like Phila. cold...cold and damp, damp, damp.
    But that Boston cold sounded pretty cold this AM when I turned on my computer and read the temperature. Cheer up...there's warm weather on the way!

    Mom

     
  • At 2:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    as a family member who loves and cares about your well being, please do NOT buy ugg boots.

    for your own sake as well as the sake of the world.

    j

     
  • At 2:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't worry, I will never buy uggs. I just think that Boston needs more walk-ways connecting buildings so I would be able to walk inside more.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home