Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Under Pressure

A few years ago when I had just gotten into nursing school I received a list of clothing to buy for clinical, this list included scrub top and bottom (white), lab coat, white shoes, and one pair for compression knee high socks. Along with my new accepted nursing student friends I rushed out to buy everything on the list but most of us stopped at the compression socks. I remember my roommate Casey and me laughing at the idea of buying compression socks and called them “granny” socks.

Well times have changed. After working three twelve hour days in a row my legs are swollen and hurt. Compression stocking have become my friend. I love wearing them, on my days off I feel weird not wearing socks that come up to my knee. There was recently a representative from a company selling stockings at my work that boasted at hefty 25-30 mm of compression stockings. I bought six.

Next time you see notice how nice and not swollen my legs look.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM , Blogger B said...

    Dude-
    I love compression stockings too. Although I can't really wear them in the summer--I get way too hot! My feet feel marvelous.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home