Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

This last weekend marked a career milestone, that’s right, my last night shift. A few weeks ago my boss approached me in a patient’s room and asked to talk to me. My mind raced with possible topics of malpractice but instead she told me that we now had enough people who work nights that some of the people who rotated could come off. I snatched up the opportunity.

From now on I will be working the day shift, getting done with work at 11pm at the latest. No more sleeping during daylight for me. The world is my oyster filled with sunlit bedrooms and houses on a busy street.

In a few months I may regret missing out on the sweet night differential in pay but until then you can start seeing me with my sunglasses on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home