Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mouse Trap

A few weeks ago Adrianne called to inform me of the fact that, once again, she had found mouse poop in her room. Why the mice like Adrianne’s room I’m not sure. Her room is much more cleaner then mine and I’ve never seen her drink in her room, much less eat so that leaves out the crumbs theory out.

We had had a problem with mice earlier this year and after informing our landlord had the house fumigated. I guess that wasn’t enough because they are back. We tried to use the live traps that are like little cages for the mice so that we can catch them and transport them to a near by park, but the mice want nothing to do with that. Our traps have sat open for the last two months untouched by the mice. So we moved on to the old-school trap, the type where a large metal hinge snaps down and breaks the mouse’s neck. Steve set it last night with a few slices of cheese as bate.

This morning when I woke up there was a dead mouse for me to deal with. The trapped had flipped with it went off so I didn’t have to see it’s face but I’m assuming it was gruesome due to the smear of blood on the floor that it left.

I was unsure as to how to remove the mouse corpse from my house. The idea of touching a dead mouse is not appealing in anyway so I attempted to scoop the body up into a box. I accomplished moving the body around on the floor more then anything so, with rubber gloves on, I took a plastic bag and picked up the trap from the non-mouse side. I then ran downstairs and unceremoniously through the mouse and trap into the garbage can outside.

I stick my finger into people on occasion at work and dealing with the dead mouse still seemed much more gross to me. I’ve decided that maybe from now on will wait to set the traps until someone else will be home with me.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Maybe get that cat to come visit again.

    Mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home