Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Friday, February 02, 2007

They Say It’s Your Birthday

I don’t get what it is with people not wanting to celebrate birthday recently. In my world your birthday is the day where everyone does what you want and thanks you for deciding to push your way out of a nice cozy womb into the world. You get to eat what you want, wear what you want, and go where you want. Who wouldn’t like that?

I remember when I was a kid wanting to have steaks on the grill for my birthday so, in the middle of February, my dad fired up the Webber and we all had steaks. Amy Sedaris shares similar sentiment saying “(her) brother always had (her) mother make him duck for his birthday but he made the rest of the kids eat Spanish rice so (they) would envy him.” While I never went to that extreme I still think the sentiment holds true, it’s your birthday and it’s your day.

Happy Birthday Paul, enjoy your day.


Paul rocking out to Birthday jams.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Birthdays are great, but a birthday the day AFTER valentine's day or...six days before Christmas is a little bit of a nuisance. Who wants heart shaped cake or a red and green wrapped birthday present?Still, I guess we should count down to that day when yuou pushed yourself out of that cozy womb...let's see...about 23 years and 35o some days ago...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home