Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Meet the Parents

Steve had met my parents briefly when they came to visit Boston last winter but this last week was the real test. Steve and I visited Minnesota last week where Steve not only spent a lot of time with my family but also met most of my friends from college and high school.

I’ll admit that I was worried. Not that he wouldn’t get along with my family, but that he would find out something about me that would make him stop loving me. I made him promise to still love even if he found out how weird I actually was. After he had spent a few days with my family I asked him if he still loved me. He smiled, hugged me, and told me that finding out all of my mariaisms made him love me even more.

Better yet he seemed to really enjoy spending time with my family. So now I am a happy camper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home