Standing Tall

The musings of a twenty something girl from the Midwest.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

S.O.S

I haven’t written in a while. Things are busy at work, we are completely full and I’ve been coming home so exhausted that I don’t have enough energy to do anything except sleep. I’ve had four patients and worked three 12 hr. days where I’ve only had time to sit down during the few moments I’ve had for lunch.

Our unit is so full that the surgeons had to cancel cases because there would be no bed for them once surgery is done. Bed changes are always being made so we can accept more people. “There are people down in the O.R. with open chests that have no where to go after surgery.” The head nurse told me a few days ago.

I’m glad I’m not the one in charge and am hoping for a break soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home